This summer Buchanan’s Blended Scotch Whisky is reuniting friends, families, and communities with Buchanan’s La Reunión, a pop-up market experience that celebrates the vibrancy of local Hispanic culture while giving back to the neighborhoods that need it most. The multi-city curated events will bring together local Hispanic businesses – from florists and artists to designers and chefs – to celebrate the many traditions and sazón that make each community so unique. At each Buchanan’s La Reunión event, Buchanan’s is making it easy for guests (21+) to give back through the brand’s Pull up a S[eat] with Buchanan’s initiative. By donating meals through local charity partners Rethink Food (New York City), No Us Without You LA (Los Angeles), Target Hunger (Houston) and Buddy System MIA (Miami), the program feeds food insecure neighborhoods and amplifies the voices of those inspiring change.
Buchanan’s La Reunión kicked off in New York City this past weekend during one of the city’s biggest celebrations of Dominican culture. New Yorkers 21+ enjoyed an experience that safely brought block-party vibes to Brooklyn with interactive programming that highlighted the best of NYC, including:
- Sips + Eats: Sweet and savory bites of Latin culture with good eats from Venezuelan restaurant, Patacon Pisao, Dominican eatery Sazon Mama and Mexican dessert shop Nieves Tia Mimi paired with signature Buchanan’s cocktails like the Jalapeño Rock and the Buchanita.
- Shop Local: A local marketplace curated by Dominican florist, Glorimer Ovalle featured hand-poured candles from Marz Co, vintage items from Dominican stylist Natalie Reynoso and vinyl records, jewelry, tea blends, oil infusions, and CDs from Sunny Cheeba.
- Summer Jams: Live entertainment and performances by Dominican Latin Trap artist Messiah, Puerto Rican power duo Coco and Breezy, and Dominican Dj Bembona.
- Bodega Photo Wall: What event would be complete without an interactive photo moment? Glorimer Flower & Company gave her take on the iconic bodega, a cultural symbol for the NYC Latin community, by creating a backdrop made out of flowers where guests could take pictures with Laura Ciriaco and also take home a bouquet as a keepsake.
- Summer Looks: Free custom nail art by Kathleen Tapanes and custom Buchanan’s decals to take home.
- Community Giveback: Buchanan’s donated meals to NYC’s food insecure communities through local nonprofit partner, Rethink Food.
**Donations made in conjunction with consumer purchases and meal voucher redemption at Buchanan’s La Reunión event and at Buchanan’s community tables; each consumer purchase/redemption resulted in $5 donation. Rethink Food NYC, 212.364.7040. Donations to be made to other local charities will vary.
“Buchanan’s La Reunión creates a space for friends and family to safely reunite over good company, drinks, and music, by bringing together some of the local Hispanic businesses and voices that make each city’s culture so unique,” says Joyce He, Director of Buchanan’s. “As a brand, we are committed to giving these local vendors and charitable partners a platform to amplify their businesses and continue to celebrate and uplift these communities.”
Missed Buchanan’s La Reunión in New York? Don’t worry, the event will be popping up during cultural celebrations later this summer in Los Angeles and Houston, culminating in Miami during Hispanic Heritage Month and one of the biggest weeks in Latin music.
Fans will also have a chance to win a trip for two to Miami. Follow @BuchanansWhisky on Instagram for updates on when La Reunión may be in your city and to be in the know of when the sweepstakes goes live!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Winner’s guest must be 21+. Trip must be taken 9/20-25/2021. Alcohol NOT part of prize. See Official Rules once live for complete eligibility requirements and prize restrictions as well as odds of winning.
For additional information on Buchanan’s Whisky, please visit BuchanansWhisky.com. Stay up to date with the latest news, whisky cocktails, and exciting social content by following the conversation at @BuchanansUS on Facebook and @BuchanansUSA on Twitter.
Buchanan’s encourages people of legal drinking age to celebrate responsibly!